If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, OR you have received a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, the clear medical advice is to immediately self-isolate at home for at least 7 days from when your symptoms started. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You should arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19 – go to the NHS information page on testing to arrange.
- Stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- Central Government Advice on Social Distancing for all – This now includes advise for the clinically vulnerable group
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable – You should have received a letter if you are in this group
- How to help others safely
- BBC Online Guidance – What are the social distancing and self-isolation rules?
- Get an Isolation Note from GP
Summary of Advice from Central Government on Social Distancing and Self Isolation